I absolutely love Maureen McCormick. I grew up watching Maureen on The Brady Bunch – She was one of my role models. That’s why the “before” picture of Maureen disturbs me. Clearly, her weight effects her self esteem. I see this all the time and wish I could reach out and help. Please don’t let your weight affect your self esteem. You are beautiful. I would have loved to be Maureen’s stylist for this particular event. I can think of 10 ways that would have made Maureen look self confident and beautiful regardless of her weight.
Here are my slimming tricks:
- Wear a monochromatic outfit, black or dark blue works well. This will elongate your figure.
- Shoes should have a heel and be the same color as your pants or hose. This will give the illusion of thin.
- Add volume to your hair, this will make you face appear smaller.
- Lose the pockets. Pockets add bulk. And putting your hands in your pockets only adds more bulk.
- Wear a v-neck top or dress – This will elongate the face.
- Ditch the cropped pants. The hem of your pants should fall to the bottom of the heel of your shoe.
- Try a haircut with eyebrow-skimming bangs or ear-level layers. Having some shape in the top half of your hair (instead of sporting all-one-length locks) will make your face appear thinner.
- To make a round face appear thinner and longer, try angular narrow eyeglass frames and frames that are wider than they are deep, such as a rectangular shape.
- Never wear full sleeves or baggy clothes.
- Strike a pose – face front and cross one leg in front of the other, then turn your body at a 45-degree angle away from the camera and turn head and shoulders toward the camera. Place feet in ballet third position (one foot angled in front of the other) and place at least one hand on your hip.
Don’t let your weight affect your self-esteem or appearance. When you go to a function, sparkle and shine because you are beautiful no matter what you weigh.
Do you have slimming tips of your own? Be sure to share them in the comment section below.