Last night I tuned in for Melissa McCreery’s teleclass:
How to REALLY Feed Your Cravings So You Can Lose Weight
She discussed the 5 ways to feed yourself what you are really hungry for. Here is a brief overview:
1. Rest – Studies show sleep deprivation = weight gain.
2. Connection – We are social beings and hunger for close relationships. That is what I like about Iowa Avenue – the constant support and friendship of all our members.
3. Growth – We hunger for personal growth. Some people are natural born caretakers and never get around to taking care of themselves. It’s important to have your own dreams and goals.
4. Physical hunger – How well do you feed your senses? Your sense of taste, smell, touch, sound and need for visual beauty.
5. Play/fun – What do you like to do for fun? For me, blogging and educating others is fun.
In other words if you don’t feed these needs you will reach for food.
I highly recommend it.